by Debra Harris (HHS) and Cori Bassett (ICE), FCN 2015 co-chairs
As we ring in a new year, please join me in thanking the 2015 FCN leadership team for their service. They have put forth a great deal of effort on your behalf last year, and we’ve all benefited from their work. Thank you, Britt, Lisa, Aubrey, Suki, Bernetta, and Latasha!
We welcomed 123 people to the list-serv, bringing us to 848 members. Hundreds attended FCN training events in the form of webinars we hosted with the help of GSA’s DigitalGov University and in-person events at the Partnership for Public Service. We co-hosted and international webinar with our partners in UK’s Government Communication Service, Canada’s Communications Community Office. At three social events throughout the year more than 120 came out to meet fellow communicators. The FCN blog published several stories from members and our LinkedIn and Twitter accounts welcomed new followers throughout the year. Many thanks for asking good questions, attending our events and supporting the gov community of communicators. We look forward to your continued interest in 2016. And, the big news to share…
Welcome to your 2016 Leadership Team!
- Aubrey McMahan, U.S. Geological Survey -- FCN Chair
- Ethan Alpern, Department of Energy -- Vice-chair
- Tamara Blount, Department of Homeland Security -- Secretary/Administrative Coordinator
- Monique Roberts, National Institutes of Health -- Social Media Coordinator
- John Donovan, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- Blog/Website Coordinator
- Jeannine Hunter, General Services Administration/18F -- Membership Development Coordinator (pending agency approval)
- Christine Stevenson, Department of Health and Human Services -- Training/Workshop Coordinator
- Lisa Chesnel, Department of Agriculture -- External Relations and Outreach Coordinator
Be on the lookout for open registration to the 1st training event coming up on Feb 5th. Keep abreast of all FCN activity by checking our website frequently.
Happy new year!